EAII Advisors- India Programs
Job Title: Senior Manager, India, Budgets and Reporting
Evidence Action aims to be a world leader in scaling evidence-based and cost-effective programs to reduce the burden of poverty for hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places. Last year Deworm the World reached 280 million people with deworming medications, partnering with governments to launch, scale, and sustain mass school-based deworming programs. Meanwhile, Dispenser for Safe Water provided 4M people across rural Africa with clean water, saving thousands of young lives. The approach relies on an innovative and human-centric design to deliver clean water at the source.
In addition to running these scaled programs, Evidence Action leverages its unique Accelerator to develop the next generation of programs. These programs are rigorously tested to ensure exceptional scale, cost effectiveness, and clear evidence of impact. In 2019 we launched an ambitious new strategy, with the goal of doubling our impact over the next five years, with much of that impact coming from new programs identified and scaled through the Accelerator.
In India, Evidence Action’s technical service provider, EAII Advisors, provides technical assistance to national and select state government’s ministries of health, education, and women and child development to implement the school and anganwadi based National Deworming Day (NDD) and Iron and Folic Acid (IFA) supplementation programs to improve children’s health, education, and long-term development
Evidence Action has programs across 7 countries, with major offices in Nairobi, Kenya and Washington, D.C. EAII Advisors’ main office is in New Delhi, India. Evidence Action’s programs have been recognized by GiveWell, the Skoll Foundation, the Life You Can Save, Giving What We Can, and covered in the Economist, NPR, and the New York Times.
The India program invites applications for the position of Senior Manager, Budgets and Reporting to be based at the New Delhi Office of EAII Advisors.
Employment Status : Regular Full Time
Location : New Delhi, India
Reporting To : Director, Finance & Operations
The Senior Manager – Budgets and Reporting will be responsible for implementing and maintaining systems and processes related to Finance Planning, Financial Analysis, and Operations across all EAII Advisors clients. The position will be responsible for financial oversight of all project spending, from supporting state and national teams in budget preparation and forecasting future financial needs, to monitoring spending, coordinating adjustments, and preparing reports to track progress against project objectives. The Senior Manager shall be responsible for financial integrity and financial compliance with organizational requirements, including all reporting and other required processes.
The Senior Manager – Budgets and Reporting will work closely with the India based senior management team across Finance and Program Operations along with global counterparts’ to develop and lead the strategic direction of the function.
The Senior Manager – Budgets and Reporting will report to the Director - Finance & Operations. S/he will work closely with other teams/functions on an as needed basis.
SCOPE OF WORK: The Key responsibility areas include:
BUDGET & FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for day-to-day management of project financial and administrative functions; assist with administering multiple, complex projects with various project components, restrictions, and reporting requirements; prepare and submits project progress reports, budget revisions and project closeouts; assist with development and completion of project reporting procedures; advise the leadership team on requirements according to program operational guidelines and project requirements
- Ability to independently coordinate with global counterparts for project budgeting, spending, forecasting and repurposing, if any
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation and submission of proposals and deliverables with the appropriate program and accounting personnel
- Review and prepare contracts and complete the entire process, including signing of Contract Documents; Post signing of contract, the Senior Manager will manage associated financial and compliance deliverables
- Maintain project and financial codes as required by EAII’s financial management systems
- Monitor projects to ensure that they are executed on time, on budget, and in scope
- Assist in monitoring the project implementation progress as per requirements; flag variances where applicable while tracking Budgets against Actual expenditure
- Maintain up to date information flow to EAII’s Finance department
- Maintain the Fund Authorization Document (FAD) related correspondence and documents on EAII’s storage systems; maintain financial documentation and reporting files in line with audit requirements
- Ensure compliance with rules and regulations in the field and support compliance with procurement policies including sourcing, supplier selection and evaluation, performance measurement, issuing of work orders, purchase orders, letter of agreements, RFPs and others with concerned department heads
- Ensure quality project implementation: Ensuring that projects are well managed, adhere to internationally recognized compliance standards, as well as domestic compliance requirements are met. Acts as a central coordination point and provides operational support and oversight throughout the full project cycle (from opportunity through closeout). Coordinate budget review, cash flow management, spend analysis and reforecasting across all projects and states.
FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS
- Ensure that adequate financial systems, budgets and procedures are in place at all India offices that provide accurate reporting and allocation of all funds and expenditures
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of policies and controls for financial functions in India. Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all financial transactions may pass independent project audits
- Implement continuous internal control systems to monitor performance, flow of funds, and adherence to the budget, expenditures, income and other budgetary items
- Provide high level analysis to senior management of EAII regarding spending patterns and performance including recommendation for optimal use of available resources
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets , as well as budgets for all new project proposals
- Perform in-depth and actionable analysis of budgets and data at a short notice and with high quality standards
- Monitor budgets throughout the year in consultation with all teams
- Review expenditures related to various project budgets to assure timely availability of funds
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts for existing and anticipated needs in line with project requirements via consultation with the leadership/Functional Heads
- Examines and audits accounting data for accuracy, appropriateness and documentation
- Assists in monthly/quarterly closing activities, the year-end closing process and annual audit preparation
- Ensure adherence to agency policies and procedures and to program finance requirements.
- Ability to quickly translate data into meaningful analysis/analytical insights which may be visually presented to GOI partners and other project stakeholders
MIS, REPORTING and ADMINISTRATION
- Prepare and submit interim and final financial/project status reports to EAIIs leadership; and others as required
- Prepare detailed financial reports as needed and ensure that progress reports are submitted in a timely manner
- Data Management: Maintain accurate data for past, current, and prospective projects. Develop and maintain accurate tracking systems for reporting requirements and all types of project activities.
- Update the MIS and information sheet for use by the program and finance staff
- Provide data to address queries put forth for Audit and Compliance requirements
- Prepare and present data on organizational performance
- Ensure periodic updating of data, documentation, workflow and reporting for Active and Pipeline projects
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time, and coordinate with other colleagues, provide support to other program staff and undertake occasional field visits as assigned.
COMMUNICATION AND TEAMWORK
- Create and contribute to work environment and culture that fosters teamwork, innovation, cooperation, open communication and respect
- Develop an integrated team building awareness of cross departmental objectives
- Ensure a strong internal communications system to keep all offices appraised of the work of the team and meeting organization objectives
- Maintain work plans showing measurable achievements and recognize individual and team accomplishments
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Post Graduate degree in Finance and Accounting, PGDM/MBA Finance or a relevant field
- Minimum 10+ years contractual and financial management experience, with at least ten years at a mid-management level, working with international agencies
- At least seven years related financial/accounting and finance management experience required; Experience with multi-office and multi-national international development organization preferred
- Five years’ experience supervising and mentoring teams in the Not for Profit sector
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, financial software applications and reporting packages; HTML and SharePoint
- Knowledge of international organization’s Financial Management systems, regulation and reporting requirements
- An understanding of program budgeting, with the ability to read and assess financial documents
- Competency in project management, charting/graphics, and other basic office software. Experience in developing graphics for reporting & analysis is desired
- Familiarity and working knowledge of Electronic Data Management (EDM) system for routing and processing of all contractual documents
- Strong understanding of international contracts and cooperative agreements including their relevant terms, conditions and the differences between them
- Knowledge of the laws, rules, and regulations for nonprofit financial record keeping and reporting especially regarding grant and other donor requirements
- Demonstrated high-level skills in planning, organizing and managing multiple tasks; Strong decision making skills and results-oriented approach
- Ability to express ideas clearly & succinctly via oral and written communication (E-mails & Presentations)
- Strong Analytical skills – convert raw data into insightful analysis presented via graphic visualization
- A high degree of professionalism, confidence and flexibility that allows the incumbent to work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues across backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team environment. Ability to develop and maintain a good working relationship internally and externally
- High-level of personal and professional integrity and ethics
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgement
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple projects/tasks, competing deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Highly organized with attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
All contracting arrangements will be made through EAII Advisors Private Limited. EAII is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at EAII is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. EAII does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, caste, creed, colour, religion, gender, origin, disability, marital status, or any other basis protected by law.
All candidates applying for the position should upload a resume along with cover letter mentioning current and expected salary.
Applications received after the close date will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.